AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. I know this may be a strange question to ask.. but does anyone have any photos taken of an image projected using the AE100e in daylight,, or with ambient light???? I`ve heard mixed thoughts on how watchable the image will be with daylight or ambient light and would be very interested to see any photos that anyone may have?? Also with the economy mode and hi mode would be great too. I can`t find anywhere local to demo one of these projectors so photos and owners opinions will have to do. Its not primarily gonna be used in the day, but I want to ditch my tv altogether and just use the projector.

thanks very much for any help

Kind Regards

Sam

· Registered
2,378 Posts
2 words: It's not!

You won't be able to ditch the TV unless you can almost completely darken the room.

· Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Yeah, the only reason I am considering ditching my TV if I get an AE100 is because I can achieve total darkness in my room.

· Registered
697 Posts
hi

when i go to movie theater with my kids . i pay almost $34.00 including pop corn and soda. and they sat all of us in almost dark room to watch one movie.:D :D

they don`t set me out side where it too sunny too bright.

i wonder how much will cost for three of of us if we sat out side watching movie:D :D :D :D

· Registered
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger
Theres something wrong with that picture. Its elongated to make it appear larger. Even the clock is oval. The aspect ratio is way off also.
Could it just be distortion caused by a wide-angle lens?

· Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger
Theres something wrong with that picture. Its elongated to make it appear larger. Even the clock is oval. The aspect ratio is way off also.
Not on my monitor it isn't, something up with your PC?

· Registered
142 Posts
The image is clearly elongated, but I thought it was just from showing a 4:3 image in JUST 16-9 mode, one of the features of the AE. I don't see enough of the clock to see if the picture has been otherwise altered.

As far as the picture goes that is an accurate representation of the AE with ambient light that does not directly reflect on the screen. Not really watchable but brighter than its lumen rating would indicate.

kev

· Registered
135 Posts
The picture has not been elongated at all, just a straight snapshot of a 4x3 program in full mode. The screen is a 52"x92" HDTV Model B from DaLite. I took the picture and uploaded it to AVS, not altering at all.

Steve

· Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Shrek makes a good demo :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.