AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to adjust the image horizontally and vertically with the remote? I see the options in the menu but they're greyed out and I can't select them.

The reason I ask is I'm shelf mounting my PJ on a shelf and I'm limited on where I can put my mount. So the spot I put my shelf gives JUST enough room to slide the PJ there. This is a side venting PJ so I'm not worried about the exhaust. But basically I cannot reach the knobs to adjust the picture unless I take it off the shelf which is very hard to do to get a good picture.

thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not sure if it matters but the PJ is not hooked up to any video yet, it's just shelf mounted right now, I haven't moved my AV equipement downstairs yet.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
No, for true lens shift if your projector is off-center, you need to use the dials on the projector. Also, don't put it in enclosed space, or it will overheat and most likely turn off, not to mention build up dust which can lead to a dust blob in the light path.

The V-position and H-position is for fine-tuning while using the lens memory settings.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Right, but a lot of projectors have vents/fans designed to create constant airflow around the case, which you would impede by putting it in an enclosed space like that. I'm not sure if the AE3000 is designed that way, but schroedk is correct. As a general rule of thumb you should avoid enclosed spaces - even if the vents aren't blocked.

·
Registered
485 Posts
But what is considered enclosed? As long as its within the manufacturers venting recommendations he should be fine. But the OP did say that it just barely fits, so I too would be concerned about it. There is a reason they list venting distances.

You might want to really consider some other mounting option. That way you don't have to worry about heat, and you can reach the H/V adjustments.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Sorry, I should've been clearer. Yes - any space smaller than the manufacturer recommends shouldn't be used. I'm sure Panasonic can tell you the necessary clearance (if it's not in the manual).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's basically JUST enough space to put my PJ on the shelf and not rub the ceiling. But there's still like 7 inches from the back of the PJ to the wall and the sides are completely open. It's just the top of the PJ which has 0 vents.

So there's plenty of space to circulate air completely around the PJ, just not above it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost /forum/post/16981632

Sorry, I should've been clearer. Yes - any space smaller than the manufacturer recommends shouldn't be used. I'm sure Panasonic can tell you the necessary clearance (if it's not in the manual).

20 inches, front and back (according to the manual).

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
A late answer to your first question- you can't use the digital shift without an image (from a source) being projected. That's why they are grayed out.

CJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts