AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes. I have a Panasonic AE4000 projecting onto a 120" screen. I've made a few adjustments but still can't get the image as sharp and crisp as i thought it should be. The ideal throw distance is supposed to be 15' 8". I currently have it at about 14' 2". My issue is the image is still a little out of focus although i've focused it to the best of my ability. I also may have the projector zoomed a little as well. Will the distance and having used the zoom affect my image quality.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Use the projector menu to focus. The get your nose close to the screen. If the pixel grid is clearly defined, then the projector is in focus, regardless of how the source image looks. What is your source and how are feeding it?

At 120" diagonal, 14' 2" is within the zoom range. As long as you're within the parameters, you should be able to get a sharp image. If, however, your problem is that image is sharp here but not there, then the projector is not installed properly. It must be square to the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide0323 /forum/post/20853409

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes. I have a Panasonic AE4000 projecting onto a 120" screen. I've made a few adjustments but still can't get the image as sharp and crisp as i thought it should be. The ideal throw distance is supposed to be 15' 8". I currently have it at about 14' 2". My issue is the image is still a little out of focus although i've focused it to the best of my ability. I also may have the projector zoomed a little as well. Will the distance and having used the zoom affect my image quality.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It could if you are using a LOT of shift. A well-placed and installed projector uses a MINIMUM of shift and/or keystone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide0323 /forum/post/20853556

I do have the imaged shifted using the vertical and horizontal controls. Will this factor into it as well?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I could go into my usual spiel about proper installations, but I'll refrain. Come back if you need more help. And take look at the info in the owners manual, many people don't and they have trouble getting a good image. Projectors are not the same and have different specs for installation placement.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I moved my projector back close to the ideal distance from my screen. Ideal distance was 15' 8" and i got it at 15' 11". I was able to resize the picture with hardly any zoom and lens shifting than as before. After playing around with some settings i was able to get the picture much sharper than it was previously. I'm not sure if changing the Detail Clarity from 2 to 5 was apart of that or not. I do notice that after changing the clarity there was a little more noise in the picture. But if I moved my seating back about 2 feet or so the picture was great. I'm not sure if i move it back to where i had it to begin with if the picture will be the same or not. I leveled th projector and it's square with the screen. I originally was viewing the screen from about 15 feet or so and i'm not sure if that was causing my picture to look less sharp as well.

Should i just leave the projector where it is or move it back to where i had it originally and move my seating back and see how the picture looks then?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.