AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I finally got my ceiling mount last night and hooked it all up. Now I am having a weird issue.

I currently have a painted on screen (temporary). The way I made it was I shined the image onto the wall, taped off the projected area (after measuring to ensure it was squared off) and painted. I then added flat black trim. Now, when I had the projector sitting on the table, the image filled the entire screen. I was using a keystone adjustment of +2 at this point because it was temp.

Now I have hung the projector and made sure not to use keystone or horizontal lens shift, I cannot get the image to fill the screen. I have used a very mnimal amount of vertical shift.

Here is what it looks like:

I measured it out last night, and the image is still sqaure but it seems as if the image being projected is not a perfect 16:9 ratio when I did the calculations.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix something like this? I guess I could move the trim up a bit.

· Registered
131 Posts
The simple fix would be to zoom out to fill the height of your screen area and then bring the electronic Left Masking and Right Masking in a bit to crop' the over scan. This will result in losing a bit of the width of your 16x9 image, but shouldn't be noticeable.

The less-simple fix is to adjust the physical screen area on your wall to match the current projected image. I'd opt for the former if you're only cropping' an inch or less per side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.