AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking for some guidance or advice on an issue I'm having with my Panasonic AE700u projector.

Back in September, my unit started power cycling off and on at random intervals. Sometimes it would stay on for hours and hours and other times it would flip itself off after 30 seconds. By searching various forums, the logical solution was to replace the bulb. The original had about 2100 hours on it so it was probably time anyway.

New bulb was installed around the first of October. It right now has about 20 total hours on it (amazing what having newborn twins will do to your free time!) The last time I used the unit was the first week in December. Tonight, I noticed that the standby light was not illuminated on the projector. I checked the power cord and the master switch and they seem to be fine. I made sure that the replacement bulb was seated correctly as well.

In searching tonight, I came across this old thread: AE700 Power on then off then on problems . This thread has numerous folks saying that they experienced the random power on/off issues and ended up fixing it by replacing the "p-board" or Panasonic part# ETXMM519MBGB.

Is there anything else I should be checking or has anyone fixed a no standby light illuminating issue by any other means? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious before ordering replacement parts to try and fix my projector.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.