AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in both of these players, but need advice. I have a JVC Dolby Digital receiver without HDMI, but it has multi-channel analog outputs. It will be hooked up to my 720p projector with HDMI for video. I currently use HDMI for projector's video, and run digital cable to receiver for audio. Which player do you recommend in my situation, and how would you hook it up for audio? I can't upgrade receiver for a while. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I would recommend the Panny BD35. It is a Blu-Ray 2.0 player that has received great reviews. Many consider it the best player out there. The Philips is not a bad player but and it does use the panasonic chip set. It is similar to the Mag and other players made by Fuani. You might also consider the BD55 which has 7x1 outputs. I don't know if your receiver has inputs for 7x1 but it might have 5x1 inputs so you could use the advanced audio codecs such as Dolby True HD or DTS MA.

·
Premium Member
24,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley /forum/post/15461264

I would recommend the Panny BD35. It is a Blu-Ray 2.0 player that has received great reviews. Many consider it the best player out there. The Philips is not a bad player but and it does use the panasonic chip set. It is similar to the Mag and other players made by Fuani. You might also consider the BD55 which has 7x1 outputs. I don't know if your receiver has inputs for 7x1 but it might have 5x1 inputs so you could use the advanced audio codecs such as Dolby True HD or DTS MA.

+1 agree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.