AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year Everyone;

I recently purchased the Panny CF50FD18 in November and am quite pleased with it. However, this past weekend, I helped a friend hook up his Samsung PN50A550 and it seems to have a better HD picture and much more settings to adjust the picture.

I primarily watch sports, movies and HD satellite. A gaming console will be coming in the near future, most likely the PS3 for the blu-ray capabilities.

I am considering returning this to Costco and going with the Sammy. Is the Sammy that much better than the Panny?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,205 Posts
I have the c46fd18.

To be honest I never even considered a samsung until looking at the panasonic this winter as I've had poor experience with several of their products in the past. My mother, grandfather, uncle and several friends have samsung displays (all lcd) and they do produce a very good picture- clean and colorful with excellent accuracy and decent contrast. My granddad just had to have his 46" 6 series panel replaced due to a blotch of dead pixels in the middle of the picture, however.

I went with the panasonic for it's reliability, contrast, price and reputation as a low-lag display. The samsung will get you more accurate color reproduction that is a little cleaner with less video noise. However, the panasonic can be tweaked a little to get close to the samsung's color and is noticeably darker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.