AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay i just got a new panasonic 42 plasma tv.. mounted it with one of those 15degree angled mounts on my wall in my apartment... and i know we nailed it in really good... but i keep hearing what sounds like the wall cracking. this goes on all the time. Im worried that its just gonna fall off one day. Has anyone ever heard of one just coming off the wall?? Its at that 15 degree angle so im a little concerned maybe that because of that, its pulling at the wall more than if it was just flat up against it. So any ideas on how to make sure its secure would be appreciated or if anyone else has heard there wall cracking with one on it. Mike

·
Registered
362 Posts
did you use nails or did you screws that were properly anchored.. I wouldn't use nails.. they're likely to come out at some point. Just my $.02

·
Registered
698 Posts
Why did you nail it?You should have used some steel screws or 1/4 lag bolts.The nails may pull out after a while,especially if you keep using the tilt motion.I'd change it to screws.Are you 100% positive you hit studs all the way around? Bm

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I seriously hope this is not trolling. It feels like trolling.

"and i know we nailed it in really good"

"i used the screws that came with it"

Which is it?

Obviously, the only way to do this is to use screws AND mount the screws to the wall studs. Anything else and it will come crashing down one day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.