AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I read the FAQ right, but would like to make sure. Can someone confirm that these two models are the same with the first being the commercial version without the stand and the second the retail version with the stand. I am very much interested in the latest version of the panny that includes the 3:2 pulldown. The retail version is only about $80 more from etronics and I figured why not get the stand just in case for a future unknown need for the display.

TH-37PWD5UZ Commercial without stand

PT-37PD4-P retail with stand

Again, are these the same plasma screen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The two models are almost identical, except for the stand and in-home vs. carry-in warranty service for the retail version.

However, e-tronics charges $3550 for the retail model; you should be able to get a commercial unit from Dell (when they get the 5's in stock) for under $3000, and from other online stores (e.g., Visual Apex and Plasmaextreme.us) for about the same price.

For an $80 difference, the retail version would be a good value, but not for $600 more, IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Etronics is selling the retail version for $3270 including shipping unless I am missing something from the link below.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...de=panpt37pd4p

The dell offer would be great except that even for home customers they now charge sales tax on deliveries to Philly, PA where I live. So even with the 15% discount that is sometimes available, e-tronics is cost competative. If the comercial "5s" sell for the same price as the "4s" from Dell then my bottom line price with a 15% discount but including tax would be about $3230. In addition, I am not interesed in waiting potentially months for the "5s" to become available from dell.

Thanks for the info about the units being the same.

·
Registered
166 Posts
for only a little more you can get a dell 42 commercial with stand and shipped for $3600.

see this thread. dell 42

about the tax, do you have any friends in NY or NJ? if you have access to a van, you can save yourself some $$. this won't fit in an SUV. not even the Lincoln Navigator.

or you can try this....

Dell will ship via Eagle freight service. Eagle calls a day before to schedule a delivery time. If you tip the guy $50, he'll probably come to Philly even though your address with Dell is in nearby NJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.