AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new (1 month old) Panny CT-32HX40 has a lot of distortion, pincushion at the sides and bowing and tilt at the bottom. In home service did not help, they need to place magnets around the picture tube (shop work). I'm having the Panny rep out to look at it. I want it replaced. What's the chance of getting a good one. I've heard reference to this problem but can' find the posts.

Is this a chronic problem with this TV.

Thanks,

------------------

Tom Taylor

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Taylor:
My new (1 month old) Panny CT-32HX40 has a lot of distortion, pincushion at the sides and bowing and tilt at the bottom. In home service did not help, they need to place magnets around the picture tube (shop work). I'm having the Panny rep out to look at it. I want it replaced. What's the chance of getting a good one. I've heard reference to this problem but can' find the posts.

Is this a chronic problem with this TV.

Thanks,

I just got one last night and stayed up until about 4am trying all of my different sources with it. My judgement is all based on "naked eye" tests, so I could be missing something, but for sure, nothing is glaring. Maybe I'm lucky, but so far so good.

I'll run VE against it tonight and see if that shows any problems. The picture on this set is spectacular!

Did you see these problems right away, or did they "creep" in over time?

Thanks and good luck! Kirk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've also got the convergence problem toward the sides. The picture is excellent but the geometry problems are severe, especially at the bottom. I'm rather fussy (obsessed?) but straight should be reasonably straight. I switched from a B&O system which was perfect.

------------------

Tom Taylor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.