AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that has been produced and fully tested by the masses. Recording From Cable or SAT, Dubbing VHS to DVD. It has a longer term excellent reliability factor than any other DVDR. What the naysayers fail to recognize is that it out sold every other hard drive standalone model 10 to one. Yet the idiots pick up on the much smaller E-80 percentage that went bad when the competition in percentage far exceeded it in duds.. Do not let the scare tactics of the lobbyists for other brand models fool you. They use personal agendas and personal attacks. That is their program. The E-80 is still the paradigm.

·
Registered
13,391 Posts
You need to calm down. Your posts are starting to read more like election-time rhetoric rather than sound reasoned discussion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well....I have to say that after waking up this morning after another 5 hour power failure and losing the TV-GUIDE for the third time since I purchased it (pana e-85 ) my pana e-80 made it through with out a issue.

the guide will take a week to get fully up to speed again arg!!

:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
zebradude,

You should consider getting a medium size UPS for your AV gear. They're relatively cheap these days. $100US will get you a nice Line-interactive one that will probably last *hours* if your AV equipment is off... If the system's on... well maybe 10-15 minutes. ;->

I was surprised how many times my UPS has kicked in due to a voltage sag for a second or two... happens a few times per week... I guess the power's bad in my apartment.

PS Don' t fall for the Monster Power marketing... just go for a good quality computer UPS... from one of the big brands like APC or Belkin and you can't go wrong. Anyways... what piece of AV equipment these days doesn't *have* an embedded processor inside of it. :->

Oh remember to plug it into your computer first and load the software, this will allow you to set the behaviour of the UPS... for example you can set how low it will let the batteries drain when the power is off before shutting down, plus fancy things like when it'll kick in to correct voltage sags and smooth out over voltage periods.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have both the E80 and E100

My E100 runs rings around the E80. So many things are improved in the stepped up model, from navigator menus to the 4x hi speed dubbing. I find the E80 to be the more picky unit about the media it likes as well.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Oddly enough, my E80 seems to prefer a lot of cheap media (Memorex [prodisc S03, CMC, etc.], Ridata, various no-name discs, etc.) and doesn't like newer quality media (Taiyo Yuden "made in Taiwan"). The E100 wasn't available to me at a reasonable cost when I bought my E80 but I might go looking for one now that it's a year on...

Also nice to know that the hard drives in the E80 can apparently be replaced with Maxtor DiamondMax 16 80 Gig drives and be recognized by the firmware! That will take care of any HDD problems down the road...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bbf

Oh remember to plug it into your computer first and load the software, this will allow you to set the behaviour of the UPS... for example you can set how low it will let the batteries drain when the power is off before shutting down, plus fancy things like when it'll kick in to correct voltage sags and smooth out over voltage periods.
ya i wish i did this before putting it behind my tv etc....wahhh

·
Registered
187 Posts
"BeaSmith,PCBH" When did you buy your E100. I have found that some E80 are picky and others are not picky. I think the later ones that got made have a better burn in them. My E80 takes any brand with no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.