Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

When I went to dub a movie from hard drive to dvd-r, I realized I no longer had high speed dubbing capablity and i"m wondering why it has disappeared, is there a setting that somehow got turned off, I need to turn back on? Any advice is appreciated.

I did turn off DVD-R Compatibliy mode so it would record in 16:9 for one movie, if need be I can turn that back on once dubbing is done.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
DVD-R compatiblity mode needs to be on at the time you perform a recording in order for you to dub that recording in HIGH SPEED. IF you turned it off then you need to turn it on again however any recordings you made while it was off are never going to be high speed dub compatible. BTW your first paragraph doesn't jive with your second paragraph, how can you be wondering how it got turned off when you said you turned it off in the second paragraph???

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I think he was assuming that "DVD-R compatability" and "high speed dubbing" were mutually exclusive settings. It turns out that they are not, but that isn't terribly obvious at first.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'm still kinda learning this device, even though I had it for two years lol.

but I will turn it back on once this dubbing is complete, and this recording that is dubbing real time right now, is the last recording I did with it off. So I should be able to dub whatever else I need to at high speed. I just wanted to see if it would record in Widescreen 16:9 with it off...but I don't have any other shows that I want widescreen at this time when this is done, thanks for replying.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
What really makes you feel like a fool is if you fail to "Turn ON" high speed dubbing during Setup(it is chosen on the 'Disc" option line) on the Pannys and inputted tapes that end up not being high speed dubbable. I did that before!!!!! Reinput!!! I only wasted a couple hours whereby I could have been teaching my kid the definition of intrinsic, loquacious, intrepid.... and the most appropo... sagacious.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Why High Speed Dubbing is turned off by default is one of those things that makes little sense to me. Everyone I know just turns it on at their initial setup and leaves it on. You'd think Panasonic would realize this and make the default ON, but I guess they just aren't listening...at least not to their American consumers.

It would save a bit of bandwidth on this forum too.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of these days I'll learn all the features of it, and also use every feature that is available, like time slip, chasing play, and all the other one's, I haven't even used those yet, but I did use recording on hard drive, and playing a dvd at the same time before.

The playlist feature I got about done now, while using shorten segment though other day on dvd-ram, I accidently erased part of the show, but at least they reair it again on Sunday.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

As for my VHS/DVD player--VHS side is seeing less and less use, and kinda feel bad on that sometimes..but oh well that's the times of these days.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I don't use my reel-to-reel audio tape recorder anymore either. Sigh... VHS is almost current technology compared to reel-to-reel audio tape.

Chasing play is so simple, I almost bet you have used it but weren't aware that you were using it. Time slip is simply a way of jumping so many minutes from your current position within a title.

It's all the options in the setup menu system that have me confused.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone help me with the time slip feature? When I press the button on the remote, I get a PIP. When I tried to enter a number, it changed channels on the PIP. Never could get the HDD prgram to fast forward. Lately, I have just been FFWD using 100x to the spot I need to be.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
336 Posts
After pressing Time Slip, press the up-arrow. Intermittent presses go 1, 2, 3, etc. Holding it down goes 1, 10, 20, etc. When you reach the desired number of minutes, press Enter.

John

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMas
After pressing Time Slip, press the up-arrow. Intermittent presses go 1, 2, 3, etc. Holding it down goes 1, 10, 20, etc. When you reach the desired number of minutes, press Enter.

John
Correct I might also add you will then need to press the "Play" button to make the PIP disappear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your help.....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Moran
Correct I might also add you will then need to press the "Play" button to make the PIP disappear.
The small window for the number of minutes you want to advance disappears automatically when I press Enter on my E80.

John

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMas
The small window for the number of minutes you want to advance disappears automatically when I press Enter on my E80.

John

You are correct, it must be my E-85 that requires an extra button push.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.