AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just installed a HDMI card/blade for my 50PHD7UY and I have connected my DVD player to it. As you know, this display does not come with speakers. Whenever I perform a function on the DVD player (skip, play, menu, etc.) I get a message on my display that says "Display does not support HDMI audio". I know that. Is there some way of diabling this message? Is it generated from my Panny or my DVD player? Thank for your feedback.

Ken

·
Registered
297 Posts
It sounds as if it is coming from your dvd player. I have the same plasma with the hdmi blade and connected to my pioneer elite 59avi, I don't get that message. Are you running your audio from your dvd player to a receiver?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyun7128
Hi. I just installed a HDMI card/blade for my 50PHD7UY and I have connected my DVD player to it. As you know, this display does not come with speakers. Whenever I perform a function on the DVD player (skip, play, menu, etc.) I get a message on my display that says "Display does not support HDMI audio". I know that. Is there some way of diabling this message? Is it generated from my Panny or my DVD player? Thank for your feedback.

Ken
Actually, this display does support HDMI audio (stereo only). I added a couple of small Athena speakers for casual TV watching where I don't want to fire up the whole audio system. My SA-8300HD cable box is feeding display both audio and video via the HDMI connection. I have to set the cable box to feed the PCM signal to the display for this to work. When you feed it a Dolby Digital signal from the box I get no sound but no warning message either. It sounds like it is coming from the DVD player. Is there a setting in your DVD player to turn off HDMI audio?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.