AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have the display from Dell. Holy miracle of miracles, Batman!

I want the Bell'O PVS-4250 which, allegedly, is available nowhere until mid November.

I cannot wait 2 weeks to watch my TV. I live in California, so I need an earthquake-aware short-term solution.

I welcome any and all suggestions on how to temporarily set up the unit so I can watch it and keep it somewhat secure.

I have the box it came in, a coffee table, and some ingenuity and time on my hands.

Mark

·
Registered
121 Posts
check out

http://www.pmpi.com

[email protected]

for the psm-442f mount.

This mount works. That's the full extent of my recommendation.

I'ld say more, except that I believe that there is a slight design defect in the wall mount.

There are two parts:

1) the wall-mount that is screwed to the wall

2) the plasma-mount that is screwed to the plasma

There are holes in the plasma-mount that allow clearance for the bolt heads that are screwed into the wall.

It turns out that, even though my wall-mount section is mounted in a fashion compliant with the instructions and within the constraints imposed by the bolt placement holes, there is not enough clearance for the bolt heads to allow the units to couple.

You would duplicate this scenario by mounting the wall-mount section with the bolts as far to the outside as possible, which you may be forced to do if your studs are slightly more than 16 inches center-to-center.

I had to remove one bolt and two washers to make it work.

Someone in another thread has mentioned mounting 5/8inch plywood first, and then mounting the wall-mount to the plywood. That would avoid

this problem and give you much more flexibility.

-mark

·
Super Moderator
21,379 Posts
all you can do for 2 weeks is operate it in the cardboard/styro box bottom on the floor and brace the top so it cannot tip over- I would not subject it to too much handling for a short term solution- too risky

·
Registered
411 Posts
Rogo,

What are you looking to do with it until your other solution arrives, wall mount or table stand? Peerless makes a wall mount for $150 that has been corrected to fit the 4uy. Table stands will be a bit more expensive, $200 approx for a temporary solution. Which one might be used in the future? No reason to buy something that can't be used elsewhere unless ebay is the plan.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All: Thanks!

Markrubin: I didn't really understand how to use the box as a temporary solution; I guess that's what vexed me so. I now get it...

I think the foam will be pretty darned annoying, but I'll live. As for tipping protection, I guess I can rig something up that uses the handles on the back for support.

I need a stand :).

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.