AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering the Whisperflow from Dave. I am somewhat confused, if I am ceiling mounting my G11 in the box, does the panny lens get attached to the ceiling facing down, or does it attach facing up or it doesnt matter.

The reason I asked is because Dave has a shelve that connects with the Whisperflow to use for anamorphic lens. However, the shelf is attached on the bottom of the whisperflow, which means that the lens would be standing on its supposedly feet. I assumed and probably incorrectly, that for ceiling mounting, the panny would have to be inverted, therefore it would have to be attached coming down from the ceiling or whereever.

I need a fast answer if that is possible, since I have the box on order

·
Registered
318 Posts
Humey

Great question!

For some reason I hadn't thought about inverting the panamorph. A 14" rise is easier for me to handle than a 14" drop. My install just got a lot easier.

p.s. Shawn plesae say that the image compression effects are the same regardless of whether the panamorph or the projector is rightside up relative to the other. The only difference being the image drops or rises.

[This message has been edited by rick e (edited 07-25-2001).]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Humey,

Thanks for asking this question as I've been pondering it myself. It does look like the bottom mount shelf is a better way to go. Check out Anson's picture at :
http://home.pacbell.net/ansonmah/ws/15.html

It looks like the lens will be about 6 inches from the bottom of the WhisperFlow as opposed to about 9 inches from the top. I believe the Panamorph bracket adjusts up to 8 inches so we might not need any additional blocks. I may be giving Dave a call tomorrow...

Jay

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Humey, Thanks for the question.

Shawn, Thanks for the answer. I assume that this will be the same for the PII?

I have the Whisperflow, and ISCO I lens. And I have the bottom shelf which I figured would work with the PII lens inverted, but it is nice to hear some confirmation on this.

-Dean.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I don't know the answer, but I have a more basic question. Is Dave still around? I would like to order a whisperflow, but I haven't been able to get a response from Dave either by telephone or email for some time now. I was just about to give up when I saw this post. Humey, how long ago did you place your order? Have you been able to contact Dave within the last 3 weeks? I know he travels so I assumed that he was out of the country for a time, but now I'm wondering if maybe he is just swamped with orders or something.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave is around, but you have to be lucky to reach him. Leave a message and an email and he should get back to you. I just talked to him today

Okay guys and gals, I must be dense cause I dont really understand Shawns answer. Is he saying that the panny lens can be mounted on a shelf on the bottom of the hushbox which will result in the image dropping so many inches.?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, Dave is still around. I ordered a box about 3-4 weeks ago. He e-mailed me to say that he apologized for the delays but he has had a family emergency to attend to. He said my box would be shipping was almost completed and would ship very soon. It sounded as if he is back to business.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I did get a hold of Dave. He was very apologetic about being out of touch for awhile. He also was very helpful about dealing with some unusual installation issues I have. He's a great guy to deal with. I hope to have my hushbox in a few weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.