AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arrived today. HT is not completed yet so i just thought i would do a quick temp setup to check this thing out.

first imprestion using a cheap component cable, panny rp32 non- progressive dvd player and white wrinkled sheet for screen, was better than expected.

right out of the box just plugged it in and flashed it on the sheet. pic quality was super from what i thought. image was about 100" diagonal some light coming in from other room and still was great.

waiting for the panny rp62 progressive scan player and this should be fantastic. and to think it will get better...

will update once everything is ready to go mid of next week.

very cool......

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Way cool. Did the same white-sheet before the "real" screen arrived thing, checking for dead/stuck pixels ...considered canceling the $450 screen. Screen did improve the image though. Awesome!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did think i saw one stuck blue pixel to the right of the screen when i was standing near the front. if i see a couple when looking for them near the screen but cannot see them at seating distance i will more than likely let it go. place i bought from has a dead pixel policy but nor sure about a stuck pixels policy........

my screen will just be a 4x9 sheet of drywall painted matte white w/2" black border. i think anything that doesn't have wrinkles will be a huge improvement.LOL>..........

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I agree on your idea for a screen. The sheet was pretty darned good, so a flat, uniform matte surface that won't "absorb" any light, like a sheet does, ought to be that much better!

I had one unit with a continuous block of about 4 to 6 dead pixels on the blue panel. Had it been only one or two, and not adjacent pixels at that, it wouldn't have bothered me. On anything but blue scenes, I didn't notice even that many from my viewing position, but it just so happens that my DVD player defaults to a blue screen when stopped, and that's how I noticed it to begin with. A stuck pixel will always be "on," so if you don't notice them in dark scenes, it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I did a 129" diagonal screen with some goo... and I only needed 2/3 of the 500ml bottle for the top coat. If it performs as good as the CRT White... which has a gain of 1.6 look out. Why use regular paint? It sucks for a screen... the reflected image is what you are looking at... not the projector.

·
Registered
923 Posts
It makes for a get improvement over using regular paint. I used a sprayer and it was pretty easy and very forgiving. While it cost alot more than paint it is a very uniform finish and produces a great picture. So for another $100 buck you have a fantastic Pic versus an good one. I very pleased with the Product.

Eddie

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Great Goo Gleee Wooo Goo Gleeee again with the Lite Digital Grey Goo . Great color balance.... Uniformity of picture on a 129" with no hot spotting and the reds seem bang on. The X1 had no problemo with it being this big. Looks like a zillion little mirrors or fairy dust when the top coat is wet.

lookin goo 'd ..... lookin real goo'd ..

less than a week to go .... should be a blast

rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.