AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the new Panny 50LC13 LCD is 720p only? I mean that any other signal that comes in is down/up converted to 720p, just like Sammy DLP? Or it can do 1080i native?

Anyone knows?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by t0lik
I mean that any other signal that comes in is down/up converted to 720p, just like Sammy DLP?
Correct.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I have this tv for a week now and still amazed every time I tune into HD programming - PQ is simply stunning. I have Sony HD200 and I set output to 1080i for programs that use this format. Is that the best way - or should I set it to 720p and feed it to Panny?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by t0lik
Thanks guys. I have this tv for a week now and still amazed every time I tune into HD programming - PQ is simply stunning. I have Sony HD200 and I set output to 1080i for programs that use this format. Is that the best way - or should I set it to 720p and feed it to Panny?
I have the Zenith Sat520HD tuner (same as Sony HD200). I tested both 1080i and 720p output. I liked the 720p setting best.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Gr8reb8,

Do you set the SAT520 to 720P or use native? I have it set to 720P all the time, even for SD stuff and haven't really noticed a big difference in PQ. I run everything thru DVI and I don't switch it.

Michael

·
Registered
13,507 Posts
It really depends who's scaler is better, the STB or TV. If you set STB to 720p, then you are using STB's scaler for all non-720p signals. If you set your STB to 1080i, you may ended up double scaling on 720p signals and use TV's scaler to scale 1080i to 720p.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.