AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of narrowing my choices for my HDTV purchase. FOr various reasons I'm looking at the LCD & DLP RP TVs. I see alot on the board about Samsung's DLPs and the GWII, but nothing on the Panasonic LCD RPs.

Does anyone here have one? Or the easier question, does anyone have an opinion on the quality of SD & HD pictures on them?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have 2 of the Panny LCD's. PQ is excellent for both SD and HD material.

As with any TV, this one has it's +'s and -'s.

Do a search on both the 40" and 45 " model numbers and you will find info from other owners.

The best +, at least for the 40" LCD, is that it can now be had for under 2k$.

Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
I own a Panny DLP. It has had its quirks. But it seems that DLP RPs in general have their quirks. It is still a fairly new technology. I think the Panny has the best PQ of just about any RPTV I've seen. The HD is stunning. Good DVDs look awsome.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
I don't know what they are like when you get them home but when ever I have watched them with HD feeds I have seen exaggerated and artificial looking greens.

I had a Samsung DLP (demo) for a month that was doing the same thing in the store. I made one change and never saw any strange greens with OTA HDTV or DVD inputs.

If the size, price, and appearance appeal to you then the only other set in that size range would be the Samsung 43" and 46" sets.

My guess would be that the pros and cons of the Panasonic sets would be much the same as the Sony sets. Blacks might be dark gray and dead pixels might pop up.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattazuma
Thanks for the help. Do they have a DVI input?

Matt
I don't know if they do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went and bought the Sammy HLN-4365W today.

It seems like the best of the bunch. If I don't like I'll just bring it back & try the Panasonic set.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattazuma
Thanks for the help. Do they have a DVI input?

Matt
The Panasonic PT-40LC12 and PT-45LC12 both do not have DVI nor Firewire in. After understanding the issues w/not having either made it a dealbreaker for me.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Does anyone know of any stores that have the panasonic DLP on display in New York City? (yeah i know, a long shot...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.