AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, know there have been countless threads about this, but wanted some feedback on what I saw at my local BBY. To me, the 50" Panny almost looked like it had a grey hue to it, while the Pio 5070 almost looked too dark. I'm sure this could be due to the settings the store has these at.

I like the more vibrant color of the Pio, but the lighter colors of the Panny are also attractive. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
20,016 Posts
What you saw was ambient light reflecting off both panel's screens or settings. If it was due to ambient lighting, the Pioneer's bonded color filter is better than the Panasonic's black filter in ambient lighting. However, they will both have the same deep blacks when it's in your home.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/0

What you saw was ambient light reflecting off both panel's screens or settings. If it was due to ambient lighting, the Pioneer's bonded color filter is better than the Panasonic's black filter in ambient lighting. However, they will both have the same deep blacks when it's in your home.

They were on seperate rows, so at first I thought it may have been lighting in the store, but they keep the home theater dept very dimly lit. I'll have to ask them to play around with the settings some next time I'm in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.