AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this came up in a previous thread, but I have tried several searches and was unable to find the info I remember.

I just purchased the Panasonic 50PHD6UY (from this forum's favorite salesperson), and a Peerless flat wall mount. I seem to remember that the new Pansonic 42" plasmas do not fit the Peerless mounting plate correctly. I seem to remember the supplied screws being too short or not being able to use the bushings, or something like that. Can anyone who has this combo let me know what size screws you do need, so I can have them available when the time comes to mount it.

Thanks.

SMK

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I think you are referring to the new consumer model TH-42PA20U having this issue, since the third party mount companies were not up to speed on the change in the back panel and bolt length / spacer lengths.

You should have no problem with the industrial model you received (as long as that is the model you specified when ordering the mount).

The standard Peerless and other mounts have fit your panel since the 3 series.

All is OK!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Brucer. I am in eager anticipation of receiving the TV and getting it up on the wall.

SMK

·
Registered
26 Posts
And for those with the panny 42's... I just installed a pwd6uy on a peerless wall mount last week. Note that the new hardware (bushings, not screws) is only needed for the pa20u's, not the commercial models (ie. 6uy). Also, the wall mount came with both sets of hardware for the 6uy & pa20u, and the appropriate instructions.

...Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.