AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been posted before, but info on the new consumer ONYX line is now on the Panasonic site.

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...tGroupId=11068

I want built in speakers and an OTA tuner but the esthetics of the current TH-50PX25U/P has a low WAF. She wants the black picture frame look without the extra grey plastic on the bottom.

The new “all black†design of the ONYX looks like a winner!

Interesting to note that speakers are listed under "Optional Accessories"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After doing a search, I see the ONYX info is old news. Sorry.

ONYX is not a replacement for the TH-50PX25U but rather a new high end product with a $3,000 premium.

The true replacement for the TH-50PX25U can’t be too far away since some sites (Crutchfield etc.) now list it as “Closeout.â€

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah one would think that the speakers could be included for that price. Probably a telling view of their market philosophy of selling it through high end HT guys who will also be selling their sound systems to the customers separately.

That says that we probably won't be seeing any internet sales of these pretty units...hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
"That says that we probably won't be seeing any internet sales of these pretty units..."

None or very few.

And I really don't think 99% of the kind of people who are here will miss that fact. Cosmetics and Panasonic mdeia box aside, they don't offer something you can't already buy for less by all acoounts.

Mark

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrSandman
I saw a 42" Panny Onyx today at the store and was amazed at the picture quality. However, an 8k pricetag is a bit steep. Big bummer. :( The all black display looks awesome!!
what store?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.