AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my phd7uy connected to a Comcast Moto dct6412 HDDVR using component cables provided by Comcast. When I view the picture through the DVR box the tint is extremely yellow and at -30 max the skin tones are still yellowish, when using component cables. Yes, I have the setting set to component.

When I use an S-video cable the picture tint can be adjusted and looks great. I have a VGA/component cable connected to the PC input, which is connected to the DVD, and it looks fantastic. The VCR is connected to the Video In through RCA cable. The VCR picture tint looks great. I've tried to swap the VGA/Component cable to the DVR and the picture tint is still yellow!. So, it's not the cables? Is the 6412 DVR box bad? Is there a setting on the DVR that needs to be adjusted? I currently have the DVR box set at 16:9/1080i/override 480p (are these settings correct?)

Any imformation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK it is hooked up to the comcast hd dual tuner dvr. I run the s-video on dvd right now and the pic is great! I use the component cables (monster) to the dvr box. It sounds like it might be a problem with the box?

The first pic is from inhd2, the second one is from discover-hd, the third is from a dvr recording. I have my box set at 16:9 480p (480p override) and i don't seem to see that problem you are having?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The HDDVR was bad. Comcast changed the box out and the picture is incredible! The technician said that the DVR settings depend on the customers preference. I still have them set at 16:9/1080i/480p override.

Thanks for your reply Jamie66 :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.