Amazing 1300:1 typical contrast ratio and 6500:1 dynamic contrast ratio

Built-in digital HDTV & standard TV combined tuner

Superior viewing from any angle.

Integrated NTSC/ATSC/QAM HDTV Tuner

Supported TV Formats: 1080p

Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Supported PC Resolutions: 1920 x 1080, 1366 x 768, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600

Color TFT Active Matrix LCD

Pixel/Dot Pitch: 0.5415mm (H) x 0.5415mm (V)

Display Compatibility: Full HDTV (1080p)

Signal Compatibility: 480i (SDTV), 480p (EDTV), 720p (HDTV), 1080i (HDTV), 1080p (Full HD)

Response Time: 5 ms (typical)

Colors: 1.06 billion

Brightness: 500 cd/m2 (typical)

Contrast Ratio: 1300:1 (typical), 6500:1 (w/DCR)

Viewable Angle:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would get the Panasonic as I prefer to watch plasmas over LCDs. LCDs also do not have good picture quality when viewed off-axis, despite their statement 'Superior viewing from any angle'.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I heard the VIZIO VP505XVT plasma has a screen made by Panasonic. Here are the specs for it: LINK If I was in the market for a TV right now that's what I would get.

·
Registered
302 Posts
yea i would get the 50inch Vizio plasma panel vp505...its a really nice set for cheap

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the rapid response, I surely do.

I've read on this forum regarding the Panny that the PQ is good when viewing in SD...would the same hold true with Vizio?..there again I have satellite, no HD feed yet.

I've looked at so many flat panels lately it gets a bit over whelming. I plan/hope that whatever one I purchase will last awhile.

Your opinions are appreciated and respected.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arca90 /forum/post/15585957

I appreciate the rapid response, I surely do.

I've read on this forum regarding the Panny that the PQ is good when viewing in SD...would the same hold true with Vizio?..there again I have satellite, no HD feed yet.

I've looked at so many flat panels lately it gets a bit over whelming. I plan/hope that whatever one I purchase will last awhile.

Your opinions are appreciated and respected.

The new Vizio Plasma has the HQV chip which is considered by many to be one of if not the best processing chip which is also known as the best chip for SD.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am shy of Vizio for two reasons:

#1 - I've got a friend who's 42" Vizio has died twice on him. Each time it's taken about 5 weeks to get the thing serviced by Vizio....which is a LOOONG time to be without a TV.

#2 - This past X-Mas, I installed my mother's brand new 47" Vizio 1080p LCD screen. Sorry---I don't recall the specific model number. Attached was a Motorola brand Cable Box/DVR and a Sony BR player. Even after spending a good hour tweaking the video settings (sharpness, contrast, 'noise reduction', black 'enhancement', 720p vs 1080i vs 1080p, blah blah blah) I never could get the 'noise' out of the picture. Pixelation was visible...particularly in the blacks....but not limited to the blacks....no matter what the source. Sometimes really bad. And the picture had a really grainy look to it...again no matter what the source. I eventually got it a little better....but still it didn't come close to my 2 year old Samsung 42" 1080i Plasma.

I guess I'd be leaning towards the Panny for those reasons. That said...I've never spent an extended amount of time viewing a Panny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts