AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a thread to where people can post what setting's they have changed for the inputs so for people like myself who don't have Avia or DVE yet to maybe get some help with setting's. I have done basic calibration with a THX optimizer but thats it. I would like somebody to post what setting they may have changed for the DVI input I have a HDstb hooked to it but not a DVD(yet?). Also I have not had a chance to read through thread's but if there are video tweaks in service menu people have changed, that would nice to have as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Two posters set up the set quite differently (try a search on the panny set up thread) and I'm not sure which I like. They are fairly close in PQ but drastically different in adjustments.

BTW did you compare your DVI connection from the HDSTB to component connection? Any drastic differences?

My preference so far for the Panny Picture adjustment is:

Color -5

Tint +3

Bright +2

Pict 0

Sharp -1

·
Registered
430 Posts
Here are mine. The regular lines are Cruisers and the red lines are my settings. Sometimes I bump up the brightness a notch or two depending what channel i'm watching.

These settings work for me, I have a darkish room.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Arkid, I tried your settings and I still don't get the green green. Do you have Soul Calibur 2? If so, when they go to the grassy fields at during the introduction, is the grass green on yours, it is teal on mine. And the grass is supposed to be green fields. Also, where you using Dynamic/normal/cinema, and what temp?

Thanks!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I only have Amped snowboarding, theres not a lot of green in it. The xbox logo at startup is green though.

Color temp is normal.

Each of the cinema/normal/dynamic settings are just presets.

It's not like if you make the same settings in each cinema/normal/dynamic mode the picture will be different in each one, they will all look the same.

You can make each one different for certain channels and then cycle through them instead of manually changing settings each time you need to.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Then there must be something wrong with my TV-component hookups or component cables?

AHH *$

Is it a dynamic green/sharp green or a dull green almost blue/green?

:-(

Thanks for the help by the way!!! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wegafan
Arkid, I tried your settings and I still don't get the green green. Do you have Soul Calibur 2? If so, when they go to the grassy fields at during the introduction, is the grass green on yours, it is teal on mine. And the grass is supposed to be green fields. Also, where you using Dynamic/normal/cinema, and what temp?

Thanks!
I just ran Soul Calibur 2 and mine is green on cinema setting. What kind of cables are you using? Componets, composite, or s-vid?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm using components with the xbox HD pack. Like I was saying I have nothing for comparison but the greens look green to me, pretty much like they are on the box it came in.

Also if your using the factory dynamic settings they are probably not right for you, they were way to vivid for me. Don't be afraid to mess around with them till you find something you like.

Try the TINT setting, maybe thats not in the middle.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks for all the responses, just saw UNDERWORLD and it was a pretty good flick. Anyway, okay, I have the Monster Xbox HD Cables, and the green is sea green as my GF said, I tried the composite hookup for it, and the greens were spot on, perfect of course it was 480i and not 720p, but you could tell the colors were accurate going through the composite hookup. Now, I just bought the Xbox version of the HD cables, and I will try these to rule out the Monster XBOX HD cables. If this gives the same results, there is something jacked up whether it be in the service menu or not on the Panny. I can get greener greens but that makes red push unbelievably bad. RED FACES IN the HOUSE :-(

So I am gonna experiment and see what gives. I will also try the S-video connection to see if I get the green greens. Yeap, I have all the hookups :D Well I think I have RF/coaxial but can't remember where I put it.

Later!

Any more insight?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
YES YES YES!!!!

I am a believer in the Panny!!!!

and my GF, but anyways...

Since she is certain she solved the problem. Not sure why she believes that. I said I was going to best buy to get cables, and then later on she says get new cables, and well it was the cables. Go figure. :D

She is calling me a liar right now.

The color is beautiful, the grass is green, and the eyes are blue, well except Spawn's green eyes.

YES YES YES

It turned out to be the XBOX Monster Cables. $59.99 :-( and they are no good. That stinks, oh well, the 19.99 Xbox version are spot on with Color and sharpness. Now if I could just get the DVI to work as beautiful for my PC. I guess the GF will say get new DVI cable. :D Although the VGA PC hookup isn't bad. The only issue I have with the TV now is SDE. Hmm, would a Power Conditioner help that, or is that just something I will have to get used to. I am rambling, and jumping around, WHOOO HOOOO YES YES YES....

Later!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you see SDE you need to sit further away. You're seeing the spaces between the pixels so no amount of power conditioning is going to bring them closer together.

Glad to hear you fixed the problem.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wegafan

It turned out to be the XBOX Monster Cables. $59.99 :-( and they are no good. That stinks, oh well, the 19.99 Xbox version are spot on with Color and sharpness. Now if I could just get the DVI to work as beautiful for my PC. I guess the GF will say get new DVI cable. :D Although the VGA PC hookup isn't bad. The only issue I have with the TV now is SDE. Hmm, would a Power Conditioner help that, or is that just something I will have to get used to. I am rambling, and jumping around, WHOOO HOOOO YES YES YES....

Later!!!

I probably could have saved you some frustration if I saw your post sooner. I had the exact same thing happen to me, using the xbox monster cables. It pretty much developed out of nowhere, and this was after having those cables for almost 2 years. Switched to the microsoft ones and the problem went away. Only good thing is the monster stuff has a lifetime warranty, so I brought them back to gamestop and they gave me a brand new set(to ebay of course)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.