AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a PT-AE4000u demo unit from Projector People. Low hours.

They have FIVE more in stock. These range from a few hours up to 43 hours at most. FULL 2 year warranty (except lamp). Cost is $1949, shipped.

These are units they demoed or someone took home for the night.

http://www.projectorpeople.com/default.asp

Yeah, I would rather have a brand new unit, but the bulb just blew on my Optoma and I just can't wait for a "maybe" in mid-March!

Suggest you call your PP rep or Stacy or Ryan at PP.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 /forum/post/18234434

Can you order the demo units, demo it... and return them?

Don't know. You might ask them. I don't work for PP. I am just sharing a deal that others might want to know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooLocsta /forum/post/18234160

I would pay $50 more for a new one, this really isn't saving very much.

Not much of a savings, I agree. To me, it was just getting one sooner. And my Optoma Lamp just expired. Pushed up my timetable.

When I talked with CSR, they said that they would take my ordering info and put me on their list, That the list was prioritized by date of order. That when new units came in, they would ship them by date priority and that they might or might not have one for me when they came in.

I just wanted to get one right away for sure. The one they are sending me has only three hours on it. May have it tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Bill

·
Registered
107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolygums /forum/post/18234561

Not much of a savings, I agree. To me, it was just getting one sooner. And my Optoma Lamp just expired. Pushed up my timetable.

When I talked with CSR, they said that they would take my ordering info and put me on their list, That the list was prioritized by date of order. That when new units came in, they would ship them by date priority and that they might or might not have one for me when they came in.

I just wanted to get one right away for sure. The one they are sending me has only three hours on it. May have it tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Bill

I see, I did not take into account that they were taking pre-orders(OOS) on new ones so it makes more sense now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooLocsta /forum/post/18236248

I see, I did not take into account that they were taking pre-orders(OOS) on new ones so it makes more sense now.

Thanks.

And the MINIMUM time the new ones will be in is "mid March." Maybe.

If they were available right now, I would have bought a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts