AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my PT-L200u and all i can say is wow :)

I just watched it for a little bit on a piece of blackout cloth tacked to the wall without playing around with any settings and i am impressed.

I had orginally bought a X1 but had to return it because of the rainbows and headaches i got.

Tonight i will play around with the settings and adjust them using Avia dvd.

Tommorow i will start building my screen, i went to HD today and picked up some of the Misty Evening paint and will use that on the screen and see how it looks. It is a very lite shade of gray and shouldn't crush the whites. I was going to get the do-able board also but their saw was broken and they couldn't cut it, so i will go back tommorow or i might just build the screen out of blackout cloth.

Also anyone else with this projector could share some of their settings that would help, like what color temps and modes are being used.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Congrats splatee, I've had my 200u for about 3 months now and love it. Of course, I've only put on 112 hours so far. I've got it ceiling mounted and projecting on an 80 screen made from 1x4's and blackout cloth and painted with a Lowe's Valspar Plank gray.

I recently calibrated with AVIA and I'll post my settings later. The PJ is always set in 'Cinema 1' mode, I know my contrast is -6 and my brightness is -2, I cannot remember the other settings.

Enjoy!

Peace Out~:D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thought i would give a quick update on how things are going.

I played around with the settings using the Avia dvd and it improved the picture. My blacks look pretty good now too.

I did notice however that there is a stuck blue pixel towards the upper right hand corner of the screen. It is noticable only during dark scenes, it dosen't seem to bother me to much but i do notice it from time to time.

I know that this is an issue with LCD projectors but do stuck pixels ever become unstuck? The manual says that this is normal and for a few to be like this every now and then.

Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.