AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 50G15 has had some issues for a month or two now.

The tech came out and replaced the A-board, didn't solve the problem.

Next he replaced the sc board, didn't help.

He then replaced the ss board a week later, still no fix.

Sooo i got a call today and the 09 models are out of stock, so panasonic will be replacing my 50g15 with a 50g25 as soon as they are shipped

Overall, VERY impressed with their warranty service!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosc297 /forum/post/18206537

So my 50G15 has had some issues for a month or two now.

The tech came out and replaced the A-board, didn't solve the problem.

Next he replaced the sc board, didn't help.

He then replaced the ss board a week later, still no fix.

Sooo i got a call today and the 09 models are out of stock, so panasonic will be replacing my 50g15 with a 50g25 as soon as they are shipped

Overall, VERY impressed with their warranty service!

Whats the warranty/length you got?

·
Registered
3 Posts
G15 with stuck pixal,flashing and very annoying,called panny and was told if it wasn't the size of a dime I would have to live with it,not happy at all,only 3 mths old,went threw alot with my girlfriend to get a new tv over the last year and now i'm stuck with a tv that flashes SOS,not happy at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosc297 /forum/post/18206537

Did they happen to say when that might be?

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by respdave1 /forum/post/18206612

G15 with stuck pixal,flashing and very annoying,called panny and was told if it wasn't the size of a dime I would have to live with it,not happy at all,only 3 mths old,went throo alot with my girlfriend to get a new tv over the last year and now i'm stuck with a tv that flashes SOS,not happy at all.

Panasonic has and will repair or replace a TV that has a stuck or flashing pixel that you can see from your viewing position. You need to elevate your case to someone higher up at Panasonic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a one year warranty. I purchased the tv at the end of october 09

According to the service guy, the 50" and smaller models should be arriving the first week in march. The larger models (54+) towards the end of march/beginning of april

·
Registered
410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosc297 /forum/post/18206816

Its a one year warranty. I purchased the tv at the end of october 09

According to the service guy, the 50" and smaller models should be arriving the first week in march. The larger models (54+) towards the end of march/beginning of april

What exactly were all your issues???

·
Registered
468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2001 /forum/post/18206881

What exactly were all your issues???

Pretty lame, i've had the SS-Board replaced, two A-Boards, one Panel and a SC-Board replaced and they still won't replace my TV. Happy they took care of you though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was getting horizontal black lines about 1.5" thick across the screen. Top half and bottom half... The tv would work fine for about 10 minutes on a cold start and then would get those lines intermittently (sp?), they would get increasingly worse over about 1 minute and then the set would shut off. The led flashes 6 times when that happens.

The only thing not replaced so far is the p board and the panel lol

The service tech is really cool, about 30 years older (i'm 21), but we have alot of similar interests so i think that may help with the warranty issue... idk

I may ask if its possible to move to a 54 or 58 if i contribute the difference... we'll see!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts