AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I hooked up the 82 with component cables to my Hitachi 57SWX20B. I read the entire user manual with particular attention to tracking. I played Attack of the Clones and my set-up gave me a super picture and sound.

Now the question. How do I return to the same exact spot in the film that I was at shut down? I fooled with the chapter index forever and I'm either incredibly stupid or something is wrong with the equipment (don't bet on faulty equipment).

About half way through the film I shut the thing down and returned later to finish the show. I tried to find the chapter I left and could not. I literally had to toggle my way through to it. Can someone tell me how to do this?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Going from memory. Isn't there a memory button on the remote (at the bottom). I've never used the function, but I think it allows you to save where you left off.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by milacqua
Now the question. How do I return to the same exact spot in the film that I was at shut down? I fooled with the chapter index forever and I'm either incredibly stupid or something is wrong with the equipment (don't bet on faulty equipment).
You have to push the "position memory" button on the lower right corner of the remote. A display with 5 circles (it will remember five discs at a time) will appear and one of the circle will turn gold to indicate the location and settings have been memorized for that disc. You can stop and power off your player. Just hit play the next time time and your player will power up and start playing from that location. The display will appear and tell that memory position has been cleared.

You can also take the disc out of the player-it's great for watching long series.

This is sort of covered on page 11 (right hand side) of the manual. Fortunately, Panasonic's picture quality is better than their manual writing.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I was paying way too much attention to index and chapter find and not enough on the memory feature to mark the exact spot, which is what I really wanted. I'll try it tonight and hope that is the answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.