AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please do not jump on me too much to read other posts or articles. I've done a LOT of research, I think I've seen them all.

Q1: Is the TH-42PWD5UY the same unit/revision/model year as the PT-42PD3-P. I have seen very conflicting posts and articles on this. Panasonic's website seems to suggest the PT-42PD3-P is last years model (ie: ...4UY).

Q2: Will the PT-42PD3-P/TH-42PWD5UY look good at high computer resolutions? I've heard everything from "it looks great at any resolution" to "you must match resolutions or else it will look horrible." Is anyone running this w/ a htpc, how's it look?

I bought a PT-42PD3-P, but it arrived cracked. I now have the option to replace or get my money back ($3,550+$200ship). Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
chimmy, I can help you with the Q1:

For some reason , Panasonic is still using PT-42PD3-P # for the new 2002 retail package which now includes the new TH-42PW5UZ Display.

( 2001 ) PT-42PD3-P Retail Package = TH-42PW4UZ Display + Stand

( 2002 ) PT-42PD3-P Retail Package = TH-42PW5UZ Display + Stand

This info will be included on the Update for the Plasma FAQ's in this thread by Deann. Also in the same thread , take a look on the chart I made explaining Panasonic's Model numbers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No wonder I've been so confused, that is really lame. So there is no way to tell if I will recieve the 2002 model or the 2001?

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
So there is no way to tell if I will recieve the 2002 model or the 2001?
It's very simple:

Take a look on the model# on the front bezel (close to the power button)

and on the back of the display.

TH-42PW4 is the older model

TH-42PW5 is the new model

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.