AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice. I just purchased the 42S30 for my bedroom. My bed and Tv are about 13 feet apart which is the length of the room. When I watched it for the first time I thought there was a problem with the tv but there wasn't it was just on a dark setting. So I went online and found some picture settings and it looks better. However now it's very bright and I think it's hurting my eyes.I feel like my eyes are strained and it is a dark room

I'm not sure if this tv is just too big for the room? I have a 65 inch vt25 in my living room and don't have this problem. I use thx mode on that tv but the st30 does not have that mode.

I got such a good deal on this tv I don't want to return it but will if I have to. If I have to go smaller I know plasma may be out of the question since I think 42 is the smallest.

Can anyone recommend color settings for a bedroom for this tv and which picture mode to use? Should it be set for certain color settings since this tv will be mostly watched at night? once in the while during the day but mostly at night.

Thanks

·
Banned
568 Posts
After a considerably taxing day, sometimes my eyes get tired of the brighter scenes on my plasma, but I've never bothered adjusting it for a nighttime setting. My suggestion is to simply lower the contrast a bit; don't be afraid to find a setting that's comfortable for you. ...But keep in mind that your eye strain might actually be a result of having too small of a TV for your viewing distance (and possibly a combination of excessive light output).

·
Registered
174 Posts
be carefull,u might end up damaging your eyes more than you think,happened to me 2 years ago.i guess lower the brightness,do u happen to have your computer connected to the tv?

·
Banned
568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsfreak /forum/post/20859858

u might end up damaging your eyes

That's complete hog-wash (not a reference to Harry Potter), there's no documented study pertaining to permanent damage caused by eye-strain. ...But I don't dismiss the idea that there's a small chance that someone's eye muscles could incur damage if they were really-really old, or severely malnourished.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Snow /forum/post/20859887

That's complete hog-wash (not a reference to Harry Potter), there's no documented study pertaining to permanent damage caused by eye-strain. ...But I don't dismiss the idea that there's a small chance that someone's eye muscles could incur damage if they were really-really old, or severely malnourished.

unless it's all in my head,i hooked up a htpc to a sharp 42 lcd,i tried doing windows xp pro and movie watching,sat and sun i was on it maybe 3-4 hours,i think i was too close to the tv now that i think about it,couch was 6-8 feet away from the tv.i remember chatting mirc plus trying to adjust the colors of the movie right before my eyes started to feel like it was some grain effect or something,sadly i didnt see a doctor,my eyes were hurting for 3 days till i used cleareyes drip.to this day i still think about that incident

1 - 6 of 6 Posts