AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I go for the Panny at $659 or the LG at $649? The tv will be in a room with two windows, but only one being about 6 feet away and on the side. Will be mainly for HD TV/movies with a little 360 gaming thrown in here and there.

·
Registered
12,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort_128 /forum/post/20321770

Should I go for the Panny at $659 or the LG at $649? The tv will be in a room with two windows, but only one being about 6 feet away and on the side. Will be mainly for HD TV/movies with a little 360 gaming thrown in here and there.

for panny. Dont know much about the LG but the C2 is the bottom line model nic. No a/r filter which makes bright rooms problematic. If you can score and S2 or even a g series you'd be much happier. Check amazon warehouse deals if youre not opposed to something thats been returned.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm always leery of purchasing things like this online because I don't want to go through any hassle if it has to be returned for some reason.

·
Registered
12,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort_128 /forum/post/20322054

I'm always leery of purchasing things like this online because I don't want to go through any hassle if it has to be returned for some reason.

I'd put in a vote of confidence for Amazon in that regard they have a great return policy and dont hassle you at all. But to each his own, I'd just hate to see you buy a C2 and not be satisfied. The model is not reflective at all of Panasonic qualty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your thoughts about the C2 alone may sway me in the direction of the LG. Plus the LG has a better contrast, more pixels, and even has a little calibration thing built in....

·
Registered
8,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon /forum/post/20322091

I'd put in a vote of confidence for Amazon in that regard they have a great return policy and dont hassle you at all. But to each his own, I'd just hate to see you buy a C2 and not be satisfied. The model is not reflective at all of Panasonic qualty.

See post 22 on What is with the lightening and darkening? thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post20312269

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort_128 /forum/post/20322232

Your thoughts about the C2 alone may sway me in the direction of the LG. Plus the LG has a better contrast, more pixels, and even has a little calibration thing built in....

Just for the record. Among many favorable reviews, the 42" C2 Panny was not only recommended by Consumer Reports, it received a Best Buy rating as well. However, since this can be a very subjective thread, and you obviously like the LG better, then by all means go for the LG.

Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts