AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my kids left our Wii turned on for over an hr or 2 while I was sick in bed. When I got up to turn off some lights i noticed it and turned off the tv only to find a rentention of the Wii remote screen.

Is this something that I should be worried about? I have had the set since the end of November. It isnt our #1 set, but has been getting its fair share of tv time due to football.

Any insights, help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The suggestion of getting rid of the kids is duely noted and I am looking to get rid of them now as I type

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the 50" version of this TV.

No way an hour or two of Wii should have caused permanent problems. It should go away with a few hours of use.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckrogers71 /forum/post/15558000

Today my kids left our Wii turned on for over an hr or 2 while I was sick in bed. When I got up to turn off some lights i noticed it and turned off the tv only to find a rentention of the Wii remote screen.

If you're seeing ghost images of the wii on a blank screen it's just the normal residual discharge. It's not Burn-In, and it's not even Image Retention. It's normal and not an issue. Look at this thread, and the other one linked within it:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e#post14496410

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. I see it when I have just an input on (ie tv on but no signal coming in). I saw it a little when watching regular tv, but i didnt really sit and watch a show for any length of time.

thanks for the link to that thread. I will check it out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts