AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the market for a new TV the past few days and after searching these boards I've decided its better to save some money and go for a better quality 720p set than a 1080p set. We'll be sitting between 6'-9' away from the TV so for a 42" set I don't think any difference will be noticeable in terms of resolution. Now the real question, which of the these two TVs is better?

Sorry I can't post links since this is my first post. Long time reader first time poster

Panny TH-42PX80U vs Sammy PN42A450

Both the same price at Bestbuy

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about that guys I didn't notice that those were both plasmas. I appreciate the feedback. To bring this topic on track, I realize it is much about personal preference but are there any good LCDs in the same price range? Should I even bother?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldcup020 /forum/post/15528795

I realize it is much about personal preference but are there any good LCDs in the same price range? Should I even bother?

IMO, no. I would buy a Panasonic plasma.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldcup020 /forum/post/15528431

I've decided its better to save some money and go for a better quality 720p set than a 1080p set.

We'll be sitting between 6'-9' away from the TV so for a 42" set I don't think any difference will be noticeable in terms of resolution.

Normally that can be a good strategy, but be careful. With a 42" 720p set, I can see the 'screen door effect' (i.e. notice the individual pixels) out to about 7 feet, which is about your viewing distance. And it's annoying.

*You* might not be able to, but be sure b4 purchasing.

·
Banned
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldcup020 /forum/post/15528431

I've been in the market for a new TV the past few days and after searching these boards I've decided its better to save some money and go for a better quality 720p set than a 1080p set. We'll be sitting between 6'-9' away from the TV so for a 42" set I don't think any difference will be noticeable in terms of resolution. Now the real question, which of the these two TVs is better?

Sorry I can't post links since this is my first post. Long time reader first time poster

Panny TH-42PX80U vs Sammy PN42A450

Both the same price at Bestbuy

Thanks guys

Hi, well you can buy tv with more pixels coz in cming days more and more channels will be HD and you then need to upgrade for the latest tv with better picture quality nd better sound. So you must go for 1080p tv set. and if you want to buy between Panasonic and Samsung, you must opt for Samsung, coz i am using same tv dn it doesnt have any problem in it. Its having really good picture when i connect DVD and when i am with my xbox. So must go for Samsung.

·
Banned
518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldcup020 /forum/post/15528795

Sorry about that guys I didn't notice that those were both plasmas. I appreciate the feedback. To bring this topic on track, I realize it is much about personal preference but are there any good LCDs in the same price range? Should I even bother?

For about same price range, you can go for Samsung LN32A450
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN32A450-32-Inch-720p-HDTV/dp/B00141AYIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1231915992&sr=1-1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts