AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My panny just stopped displaying anything that was plugged in using an HDMI cable. Last night it worked fine, this morning nothing. I tried My cable box, ps3, and receiver all seperately on each of the 3 hdmi inputs on the tv and nothing will display on the screen. My warranty expired exactly two weeks ago, so am I screwed? I tried resetting the tv and that didn't help.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by galeo7171 /forum/post/18302950

My panny just stopped displaying anything that was plugged in using an HDMI cable. Last night it worked fine, this morning nothing. I tried My cable box, ps3, and receiver all seperately on each of the 3 hdmi inputs on the tv and nothing will display on the screen. My warranty expired exactly two weeks ago, so am I screwed? I tried resetting the tv and that didn't help.

Try unplugging your TV for 5 minutes (hardware reset) and then try it again. Sometimes there are handshake issues and the TV doesn't remember what to do.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:

My warranty expired exactly two weeks ago, so am I screwed?

Contact Panasonic immediately! They often will authorize a repair up to a month or two after the warranty expires. Tell them that you're a loyal Panasonic customer, and that you expect their product to last more than one year without having issues, and how Samsung warrantees their TVs for 15 months (3 months more than Panasonic does).

Oh and if you bought the TV using a good credit card, the provider may have that feature where they add one year to the manufacturer's warranty and they'll pay the repair bill during that 2nd year.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
tried different cable?

Quote:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts