AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Been a while, but glad to come back and start reading info again and get back into the video/audio area of my life that I've been missing...Anyway...

We got a Panny TH-58PE75U and it had been working great. However we just started to notice no matter what we watch/do with it the color (usually reds or greens most noticeable, but all colors here and there) will fade out to a weird color and totally drain the picture. It's so bad it makes it difficult to even watch TV not to mention to play any games.

For a background on what we have connected and what I have done:

Connected: Component from Verizon fios box to tv with optical audio.

Xbox 360 - just regular composite connection

PC - HDMI

Wii - composite

Sony - all in one (receiver, dvd, etc) optical/component

I have tried ALL new cables on everything. went from component to hdmi for the cable box. Disconnected everything and went one at a time. Adjusted the color levels/settings.

None of this helped/mattered as it still happens. Here is the kicker...The color will come back eventually. Sometimes while watching/playing. Other times after just shutting it off and waiting a day. YET...sometimes the color will be bad for days on end. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen....

I'm not a shot in the dark here, but guessing it's probably a "color" board of some sort...maybe? But that's why I came to the best forum to ask!

Thanks all for the help in advance...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...

This is the weirdest situation I've ever seen. For the last few days it has been perfectly fine, and then this morning same color problem again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts