AVS Forum banner

Panny TH-58PZ700U or Sammy 5271 which one would you choose?

• Sammy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panny

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need a little help deciding here. I realize it really boils down to what looks best to me but any input from y'all always help. I am looking for a new TV and I have narrowed down to the Sammy and Panny. I realize too one is an LCD and one a plasma but just wanna get an idea what others think. My room is not overly bright so I do feel a plasma would be fine. However, I just looked at the 5271 and WOW that thing was silly. I actually like them both so......Thanks for any input

·
Registered
20 Posts
i see it. voted for the panny. sammy 71 is an excellent tv.

but i like plasma better. easier on my eyes and pic is more life like to me.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Jules,

Although you may like the 5271, which I believe is among the best LCDs, however, you will notice that 58PZ700U will give you a better overall picture. Did you compare the 5884 to the 58PZ700U?

Chris

·
Registered
20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winfield /forum/post/12943394

Thanks Slaps808- I agree with you but I do like the Sammy too.

no prob. they are both excellent tv's.

best of luck with your decision on either tv.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RaiderRodney- did the decision just drive you friggin nuts? God this has me about ready to have a drink...

Anyway hey Chris- I did look at the 5884, interesting you brought that one up. I did look at them side by side at my local BB. I really liked them both but the ol'e lady said she liked the Panny better but it is ultimately my decision. The nice thing about the Sammy, is it is about 300.00 clams cheaper. Thanks fellas for all the help..I'm actually surprised this has been such a tough decision for me

·
Registered
777 Posts
Go TH58pz7oo for the SD PQ,SD card reader...Samsung is excellent on HD with a bit more brightness and has a swivel base if your going on a stand...

·
Registered
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winfield /forum/post/12943709

RaiderRodney- did the decision just drive you friggin nuts? God this has me about ready to have a drink...

Anyway hey Chris- I did look at the 5884, interesting you brought that one up. I did look at them side by side at my local BB. I really liked them both but the ol'e lady said she liked the Panny better but it is ultimately my decision. The nice thing about the Sammy, is it is about 300.00 clams cheaper. Thanks fellas for all the help..I'm actually surprised this has been such a tough decision for me

Lol yeah I was so tired of researching I nearly threw my hands up and said the hell with it :p I am VERY happy I went though it now though and had my mind changed from a LCD to plasma

1 - 14 of 14 Posts