AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this unit has an HDTV tuner built it? The specs at Sams save "internal dual tuner". Not sure if it does ATSC? I guess it is last years model as it has PIP and SVGA input?

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
No ATSC/QAM Tuners.

No CableCARD Slot

No SD Card Slot

And DVI intead of HDMI like the PD25 and newer Models.

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know what's up but I have looked at this unit time and time again and it does not hold a candle to the Samsung plasma EDTV sitting next to it (Note: I am not a Sammy fan).

I surmise that Panny OEM'ed a cheap panel to sell at a low price. If so, the Marketing weenies at Panny blew this one. Big time! :rolleyes:

Panny's web site said it has an NTSC tuner only, no ATSC.

I don't believe this is a good buy. It is still priced at ~$1900.00 at my local Sam's store.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
No ATSC /QAM Tuners on the TH-42PA25UP

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I was surprised to find the Maxent 42" HD sitting close by it looks quite a bit superior to my eyes, much more so than I expected by brand (leaving the ED-HD difference aside). Not as good as the PIO 43" but still a good set for the money.

I agree, while a nice set this 42" ED Panny is not money well spent. Has a boatload of features but does not handle 720P.

With price drops just around the corner the less feature packed PD50U still remains the best ED buy for PQ in the known universe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.