AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I just purchased the TH42PX75U a couple days ago and have a problem. To break it in, I have all the settings turned down and have only been watching hd broadcasts that show the full screen and dvd's that show the full screen, so that there are no bars on the top or bottom of the screen. This morning I noticed a line that runs from the top to bottom about an inch from the left of the screen. In dark pictures everything to the left of that line seems to be a bit tinted. Is this normal or should I have someone come look at the tv or should I return it. Thanks.

·
Registered
959 Posts
A non-uniformity like that isn't normal.

Now here's a silly question - could it have been a shadow? Was there a lamp on to the left of the set, or a window?

The reason I ask is because if I've got the recessed lights in my room on pretty bright, the bezel will cast a ~1" shadow across the top of the screen, and I'd describe the effect the same way you have.

jeff

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by white94gt /forum/post/13000704

Like the title says, I just purchased the TH42PX75U a couple days ago and have a problem. To break it in, I have all the settings turned down and have only been watching hd broadcasts that show the full screen and dvd's that show the full screen, so that there are no bars on the top or bottom of the screen. This morning I noticed a line that runs from the top to bottom about an inch from the left of the screen. In dark pictures everything to the left of that line seems to be a bit tinted. Is this normal or should I have someone come look at the tv or should I return it. Thanks.

What is your source? Satellite? Cable? Antenna?

How is this source connected?

Do you see this line with DVDs?

Do you see it from different angles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/13000940

What is your source? Satellite? Cable? Antenna?

How is this source connected?

Do you see this line with DVDs?

Do you see it from different angles?

My DVD player is an XBOX 360 connected with component cables, and I get HD broadcast with an antenna. I can see the line with DVD's when there is a dark scene, and the line is most noticable when the tv is turned off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts