AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we are very close to the projected shipping date again. This time I was kind of expecting,hoping,praying(take your pick), but if no one has been contacted to confirm their shipping address I guess that means it will not start shipping Monday as stated in Shawns last update. If anyone gets the call let us know. Then the race for the first detailed review will be underway. Fingers crossed. Lets hope Shawn is working this weekend. later mp

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I haven't been contacted, but let's cut Shawn just a little bit of slack. We're obviously closer than ever before to having this lens in our homes. Barring an end of the world scenario, I think we'll see reviews soon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be assured Shawn is well aware of the slack he has been cut. Throughout this marvelous journey he has been supported almost totally by everyone(as far as I have read anyway) involved in the prebuy, and as delay after delay turned into changed designs and manufactures snafu the rallying cry was "just do it right." No one could want their Panamorph any more than I do but in a strange way it will be sad to see this dam thing come to an end. It is a clear case of the journey being as interesting as the destination. And now with the addition of PannyII, constant height screens,gray screens, new HTPC breakthroughs both software and hardware it looks as if the destination will just be the beginning of a newer more exciting and experimental journey. latermp

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
All quiet here - waiting for that phone call....

------------------

Lex MC1/Sunfire CG/Hales Rev3's x3/M&K SS150 tripoles/Quadscan/Plus UP1100/Homemade screen

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
You would have to say that the release of the Panamorph is probably the most written and talked about subject over the past 12mths. I really do expect this lens to be one of the most important releases this year.

With the two prototype reviews being so well received I expect the shipping product to be even better. It will probably be a slow start getting the backorders out but I imagine each week we will hear from someone new about their new Panamorph toy.

I can not wait.

DavidW

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Davis:

I think we should prepare for a torrent of reviews after Cygnus ships these puppies.
Then again this baby might be so great that we never e-see each other again... Nah!!!!

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DavidW

You are right on the money. I did a quick check over the past few months and the amount of ink(?), devoted to the Panamorph is staggering. I am not sure of the number of people who are waiting for their backorders but I assume it is substantial. This in itself brings us together with a common interest, but the fact this product will have such an impact on almost everyone's entire system is what I think drives the interest. Many people(myself included) have been unable to put the final touches on their HT because of hush box design, angle, throw ratio, mounting,and other concerns that stop us from going too permanent. The mounting issues,HTPC configuration, and a general understanding of what is available and what is the best options for each application will keep us busy for the foreseeable future after we get the lens.

As far as getting it, well the machining was complete on the 29th and if there was not another problem with something it would have been assembled by now. Just guessing but I don't thing it was so complex that it would take over a week for the assembly and anodizing. If I had to guess though I would bet that it will be ready within...TWO WEEKS.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

Quote:
This in itself brings us together with a common interest, but the fact this product

will have such an impact on almost everyone's entire system is what I think drives

the interest. Many people(myself included) have been unable to put the final

touches on their HT because of hush box design, angle, throw ratio, mounting,and

other concerns that stop us from going too permanent.
Shawn certainly has a few people chopping at the bit over this. I guess we could say its the most anticipated

AVS orientated product launch ever.

Do you think he has been delaying the release for more press and gossip ?

He might be still posting from the Bahamas in hope that we keep sending him Panny orders ?

Ha free cocktails in the sun what a life !

I wished I had thought about a profit venture like this. I am always the last to think sneaky.

PS

Just amusing myself while I wait.

I am after all just kidding around Shawn.

DavidW

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Havent heard a thing yet.

------------------

Jeff

Currently - Zenith 7" CRT, 80x60 1.3 gain screen

Soon to be - 107x60 1.3 gain...with ?Seleco 250 with Panamorph or "cheap" 9" CRT

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Getting back to the initial question, I have emailed Shawn at least twice over the past few days attempting to make arrangements to purchase an IMX Processor and have received no reply. That indicates to me that he is probably snowed under with the Panamorph project and is not in communication with too many people at this time. In any event, it sounds like Cygnus needs some staffing help (and a phone number on their web site wouldn't be a bad idea either).

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Humey:

...but what do they know that the rest of us dont?
That Shawn moved to Sidney instead of Panama?

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
How about we just consider this as our Monday update from Shawn?

He hasn't posted this week yet, so I'll assume he's ever so busy with the final workings of getting our Pannie McDs ready to ship.

I think I lost the 56 day bet. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

Chris

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.