AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 42" HD Panasonic plasma. My DVD is connected to the component input and the digital TV box to the VGA connector.

My problem is that the colour balance via the VGA connector is not to my liking. I have also tried connecting the DTV box via the component input and the colour balance is fine, however I want to reserve component for DVD use.

Those of you with Panasonics will know that there is no colour adjustment possible via the menus for the VGA/PC input. I have set the white balance to "cool" as this is preferable to normal and warm but the result is still not what I want.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem e.g. is there a way to get into service menus and specifically adjust colour balance for the VGA input? I know there are threads on the service menu but more specific help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
This is somewhat complicated to explain, but I will try.

1. You need to acquire the "Service Manual" for your plasma. It will provide schematics that you will use as a road map once inside the "Service Menu". It will also provide how to access the "Service Menu".

2. Your statement is correct about the VGA adjustments. Heres the kicker. The adjustments for VGA "Color, Tint, R-Y and B-Y (Green is baseline)" are the same as the NTSC input (S-Video & Composite) in the "Service Menu". So if I have S-Video hooked up and I want to make adjustments for "Color" I would go into the "Service Menu" and make my adjustment, but what ever I changed it to will also change that setting for the "VGA" input, i.e. "Color" setting is now "83" for the NTSC (S-Video) input, it will also now be "83" for the VGA input. I said it was somewhat complicated.

3. The "White Balance" (Greyscale) is independent for each input and signal.

4. I would set "Color Temperature" to "Warm" as this is suppose to be closet to the D6500k standard. "Cool" adds a higher "Blue" hue to the picture- will be over D7500k.

5. You don't mention "AVIA" or "VE" in your post. Try to find and buy one of these so you can check your settings via the "User Menu".

I hope this helped you a little bit anyways.

Dave

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheridave,

Thanks very much for your post. I will see how I go obtaining a service manual here. From what I know, my Panny HD is the same as that sold in the US except for voltage requirements and the colour of the bezel. e.g. the menus are the same including the way to access the hidden options menu.

Does anyone have a way to access the US service manual online as I think it will be difficult to obtain one here, not having a contact in the industry.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheridave,

Thanks very much for your post. I will see how I go obtaining a service manual here. From what I know, my Panny HD is the same as that sold in the US except for voltage requirements and the colour of the bezel. e.g. the menus are the same including the way to access the hidden options menu.

Does anyone have a way to access the US service manual online as I think it will be difficult to obtain one here, not having a contact in the industry.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
CraigN,

Your welcome. Check out the Plasma FAQ above. I think somebody listed a link or something about "Service Manuals". You can also do a search for "Service Manuals" under "cheridave" and see what comes up.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.