AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Panny PWD5U, Pioneer 45tx and I have a Zenith HD-SAT520 on order. I'm getting ready to mount the panny on my wall so I'm looking for opinions on the best way to hook everything up....

Here are two of the options that I currently have in mind

Option 1:

-XBOX to 45tx via components

-DVD to 45tx via components

-45tx to Panny via components

-SAT520 to Panny via VGA (520 has 15pin RGB out)

Option2:

-DVD to 45tx via components

-SAT520 to 45tx via components

-45tx to Panny via components

-XBOX to Panny via RCA to VGA Breakout cable

Does anyone see any advantages to either set up? Is there any difference in PQ from the VGA or Component inputs?

I'm 'least' concerned about the PQ with the XBOX, if that helps....

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
What you need is a receiver that has switching for three component inputs. I think most receivers that do this are well over $1,000.

It has been mentioned on this board that HDTV through the VGA input has a problem with a green stripe down the side of the image.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've seen most receivers with 3 components in that are HD compatible are well over $2000, plust I just bought the 45tx...

Anyone have personal experince with the WD5 and these components?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw an Onkyo receiver the other day at Circuit City that had 2 component ins for $400 so I'm sure you could find one with 3 or 4 for only a little more than $400.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope..... Take a look at the Sound & Vision or HT buyers guide editions... The only AV Receivers that have 3 or more component inputs are the flagship models. The only Pioneer's that have 3 are the 47tx and 49tx, Yamaha RX-Z1, Denon 5803 & 5802.... All well over $2000 at an authorized dealer. Anyhow I already have the 45tx.

What I would really like to know is the advantages or disadvantages to my to different options posted above.

Is anyone using a HD-SAT520 or Sony HD200 VGA out to Panny?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm using a Zenith HDV420 with VGA (RGB) out to the Panasonic PC Input. It works perfectly.

I doubt you can connect an Xbox to the PC Input because it will not display a Component signal correctly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool Thanks!

From what I've read on the HDTV Hardware forum the 420 is the same thing as the 520 except no DirecTV, so I should be good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.