AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**warning: n00b**. I was wondering how much luck everyone was having at running 4 ohm speakers with the xr45. The speakers I am think about in particular sweep to a minimum of 3.5 ohms, which isn't much below what some 8 ohm speakers have (or so I have been told).

So my question is, do you think this will work? I am looking into the possibility of using the same speakers (well, same impedance sweep) for all 6 channels. Do you think this would be way to hot (or too much power) for the panny to handle? How about if I used it for the front 3 and used an 8 ohm speaker for the rears?

Thanks for the help. Sorry if this is a repost, but the only xr45 message that talks about 4 ohms doesn't answer this question.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I think it should be fine. The XR25 drives my 4 ohm and 6ohm nominal speakers without a problem.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I read a post that stated that 6ohms were the ideal speaker imp. to use with this receiver,but I don't think there would be any problem using it with anything except stuff like Apogee speakers or other really low imp. exotics.

If it can drive Magnepans and other weird or difficult loads 4ohms is not going to pose a problem.

I use NEAR M50III's which are 5ohms and there are no problems.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.