AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having this issue?

I will be watching TV or a movie and the TV will just start switching to a different output. it will start cycling through all outputs available. I changed to HDMI 2 with a different cable and still have the same issue. I went into the television settings to "skip" all outputs except HDMI1 but there is no way to disable TV out so of course when the TV starts acting up it will just switch to TV out and just stay there.

I called panasonic and they have never heard of this issue before.

Please any suggestions or recomendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im going to give myself one bump, im not sure if i should be happy or sad that no one has experienced this before. i called panasonic and they had not heard of this issue before.

TV is a TH-50PX60U

HDMI 1 from TV going into Yamaha reciever.

I plugged my dvd player directly into the TV and i still get this issue.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
I have seen this problem mentioned a few times over in the LCD forum on a cheap LCD, but i can't remember ever seeing it here in the Plasma forum. Hiding the remote in another room didn't stop the random input switching.

Have you ruled out that the problem is originating with the remote or the remote sensor on the front of the TV by hiding the remote and/or covering/blocking the TV's sensor?

Have you tried ditching HDMI completely and seeing if the problem happens when connected with Component instead? How about Composite Video or S-Video? How about with no external devices connected while using the TV's internal tuner?

You'll need to do some trial and error to rule out connection or external device issues, but my mind's eye tells me it's an issue with the TV's remote sensor or the circuitry that controls it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.