AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a TC-P50ST60, and I have the optical audio out running to a Vizio sound bar. I had no issues, and have been loving everything about it more than I could have even hoped. Everything works great, and all the apps run fast and work great , except for the fact that the audio out for Netflix does not work, and I have to use the speakers on the TV to hear sound. The audio out for other apps works fine. I just watched multiple shows on the Amazon Prime app, and I had no issues with sound through the sound bar, and then I immediately switched to Netflix, and there is no sound. Was just wondering if anyone else heard of this issue? Sounds to me like it must just be an issue with the Netflix app itself, but thought I'd see if this issue is widespread.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Netflix streams DD plus or stereo. If your Vizio does not process DD plus, the TV will have to be outputting stereo only or you may not get any sound on movies that produce DD surround. If that is the case, make sure you set your Netflix audio options to stereo, not surround.

Ian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That fixed my issue! Now, as I'm starting a Netflix movie, I make sure to change the audio through Netflix, to stereo. Some of the movies have stereo as the only option, so I don't have to, but now I know how to resolve the problem! Thanks a bunch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts