AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if it is possible to use a serial data control cable to control the chanels from the LG recorder to a Pansat FTA.

Also, would there be special codes to use an IR blaster?

Thanx

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Yes, you're trying to change the channel on your STB from your DVD Recorder, using a serial cable. But I have no idea if it can be done. Sometimes the User Manual can help. Unless someone else here has those two devices and has made it work, you probably know as much about it as anyone.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I had the LRM 519 set up for a while.

The LRM-519 uses an IR blaster to change the channel on a set top box. My experience was that it worked great with my SA8300HD. The LRM-519 gets its TIVO like guide from Microsoft. It has a network port for guide downloading/access and the guide is excellent. You can also get the guide via a telephone line (slow). It is free for life. Things worked well.

If there is a IR code for your STB you should be fine. Look for the manual online or call.

Only problem I had with it is that it is more of a TIVO device than a DVD recorder. For example no editing capabilities. But you can burn to disc which was a plus. It was pretty slick. And you can also hook it up to your home network PC to move files. I never attempted this but if I remember correctly it is a feature of the unit..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextoo /forum/post/0

I had the LRM 519 set up for a while.

The LRM-519 uses an IR blaster to change the channel on a set top box. My experience was that it worked great with my SA8300HD. The LRM-519 gets its TIVO like guide from Microsoft. It has a network port for guide downloading/access and the guide is excellent. You can also get the guide via a telephone line (slow). It is free for life. Things worked well.

If there is a IR code for your STB you should be fine. Look for the manual online or call.

Only problem I had with it is that it is more of a TIVO device than a DVD recorder. For example no editing capabilities. But you can burn to disc which was a plus. It was pretty slick. And you can also hook it up to your home network PC to move files. I never attempted this but if I remember correctly it is a feature of the unit..

Thanx nextoo,

I have been using every feature on this unit. Works great except that I'm from toronto canada and this unit is only for the states. It dosent support our cable or sat companies. I have it networked to my Pc. I'll have to look further into the IR blaster codes. If anyone out there have these codes please let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.