AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any input on these panels? Very little talk about the Panasonic commercial models these days!

Is it similar to the GT30 or ST30 panels?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've given up on the Panasonic Professional plasma and seems most of AVS has too given the response the last couple of years.

These used to be one of the most discussed panels, but the pricing/features on them has dramatically fallen compared to the consumer version these days. They used to be cheaper than the consumer version and had the new panel technology implemented in them first. These days, the only positive on the professional line is the 2-year on-site warranty, so they are probably only bought by businesses who run them 12+ hours a day, and need maximum uptime.

I would prefer the professional version for my usage (don't need a tuner and prefer then simple and clean styling), but adding the options (stand, add-on board) on them makes it almost 1.5x or more the cost of an equivalent consumer version. I think the panel equivalent of the PF professional series is the GT series.

Also, the consumer versions have gotten better. Finally this year Panasonic has released a consumer version I can approve of with a thinner, simple, rectangular bezel. So these days I'm looking at the low/mid-end Samsung or Panasonic UT/ST50 models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts