AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what wall mount will work with the Panasonic TH-50PX500U? The tv bulges in the back so that a regular slim mount won't work.

Thanks

·
Vendor
31,323 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I wouldn't use that mount. There is not enough space away from the wall for the bottom. You need the TV to be over 2" away from the wall just to make it barely fit. I used the VMPL tilting mount and it worked, with a slight amount of space left to tilt down.

The 500u really makes a poor wall mounted plasma. The belly at the bottom is over 5" thick and the bottom of the TV doesn't look very good when hung. Also, don't trust all the websites that claim any universal wall mount will work!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
A quick update on wall mounting the 50PX500 beast. Ordered the Sanus VMPL50. Fits perfect on the back of the monster. No problem on spacing. However in trying to wall mount it last night, I realized that it won't work. I've got a stud dead center behind where its getting mounted. The closest studs are 16inches away. The wall plate is 28inches. So I've got to mount it off center by about 4 inches. I'm not too thrilled about that since it seems to me that the weight of half the TV would now be on a side of the plate which effectively has no support (since the bolts will be center and on the far opposite side), but I can live with it. However, I want it mounted so badly that I'll try it. But then I realize that it won't work. The plate literally fits perfectly between the two mounting brackets on the TV with maybe an inch or two give either way. This mount is definitely not designed for off center mounting with such a large TV. So now I'm deciding between the Sanus VMPL3 and the VPMPb. One has a 32 inch plate which should be close enough to work but will still have the problem that one support bar will have no supporting bolt (since the bolts will be again center and opposite side). The other is more expensive but seems to expand up to 40 inches which will be plenty of space to allow me some sanity in putting the bolts in the left and right studs (and maybe even an extra one in the center stud for extra overkill safety).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the 50px500u the same size-wise as the 50hpd8uk? I'm looking for an articulating wall mount for the 8uk and would appreciate some input. Also, does the 50phd8uk need an adapter plate if using the Peerless PLA-1? Not sure about the whole adapter plate thing when it comes to wall mounts (some sites don't list that you need one with the mount they sell).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't know the back of the 8uk but I seriously doubt it. The 500X has a huge bulge in the back that I think has something to do with the extra built in speakers and possibly a sub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.