AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy the new 3D VT Pany .

Want the 58VT25 but it looks like it wont be out till June/July.

I might be going for the 54VT25 should be out with in the next couple of weeks.

My old 42 Pany is on the way out not sure how long it will last.

Should I wait for the 58VT25 because of the 3D the bigger the better for 3D right or wont it make that much of a differents?

I can not find any postings on the 3D Glasses.

In the US they will ship one pair.

How much is a second pair?

Who is going to buy a 3D TV with only 1 pair that just don't make sense to me.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I too am looking to buy either the Panasonic 58VT25 or the Samsung 58C8000 plasma tvs...

It looks like the active shutter glasses will MSRPs of 75USD and up.....just saw a UK review of the Sammy 40C7000 3D LCD and it will ship with 3d active shutter glasses that cost around 150 dollars

I will need a minimum of 4 glasses so that will be quite a big investment there...

That said, I am sure there will be plenty of 3rd party glasses available eventually so that should bring down overall costs too

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
All of the vendors will offer extra glases probably for between $100 and $200 per pair.

Since the Nvidia 3D solution and the Blu-Ray 3d display solutions are not the same thre is no reason to assume that the glases are the same.

I also expect 3rd party glases to become available once the sets supporting the Blu-ray solution start shipping in any volume.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/18210692

All of the vendors will offer extra glases probably for between $100 and $200 per pair.

Since the Nvidia 3D solution and the Blu-Ray 3d solution are not the same thre is no reason to assume that the glases are the same.3D

I also expect 3rd party glases to become available once the sets supporting the Blu-ray solution start shipping in any volume.

The compatability between glasses and the display are a function of the display - not the signal source (be it Blu-ray 3D or DirecTV). Indications (so far) are that few, if any, of the various shutter glasses offered will be compatible. (Sony glasses with Panasonic displays, and so on). First there are communication issues (IR vs RF, and if RF, what signaling frequencies/modulation methods), then there are likely timing issues.

Ultimately, industry may sort the glasses issues out (or perhaps someone like Nividia may come up with a "universal" set of glasses (or a "universal adapter").

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wonder what's the seating distance like for watching 3D content @1080p...

I wonder because I will choose between 54" and 58" VT25 accordingly.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'm in for the ride or is it wait, for the 58VT25 as well. Replacement for a Pioneer Pro Elite. So, I am trusting on everything I have read that the VT25 will be close, if not better, than the Pioneer Kuro.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Waiting on the 54VT25. Really would like the bronze matte metallic bezel. But not until after a decent review by someone like D-Nice or Chad B. At least they will be aware of the rising blacks issue. If they can monitor specific sets long enough through vendor/owner relationships, we can perhaps see what if anything Panny has done about it. If it looks like 2009 redux, then there are other options yielding more screen for the money. Tired of waiting on Panny to get it right.

Smart money is likely to purchase in 2011. But man, that's a long time to keep waiting.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeBar /forum/post/18229713

Waiting on the 54VT25. Really would like the bronze matte metallic bezel. But not until after a decent review by someone like D-Nice or Chad B. At least they will be aware of the rising blacks issue. If they can monitor specific sets long enough through vendor/owner relationships, we can perhaps see what if anything Panny has done about it. If it looks like 2009 redux, then there are other options yielding more screen for the money. Tired of waiting on Panny to get it right.

Smart money is likely to purchase in 2011. But man, that's a long time to keep waiting.

He has already said wait until 2011. He either has a mole at Panasonic or using an educated quess about the 2010s. I haven't really seen him say the 2010s are not very good, just that 2011 will be better. Subjective reviews of the VTs say they are very impressive and approches if not exceeds the Kuro. Time and testing will tell. I will go for the 58VT25, not waiting until next yr.

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
Panasonic's VT25 3DTVs will be nearly 50% off Japanese prices, launch this week at Best Buy

Quote:
Good news for those who found themselves a few yen short after hearing the Japanese prices of Panasonic's first 3D plasma HDTVs -- their American counterparts will be considerably cheaper. Even at a recent line show the company kept the MSRPs close to its chest, but March 10 Best Buy's 24 hour location at Union Square will sell the first full HD 3D home theater system, consisting of the aforementioned VT25, DMP-BDT350 Blu-ray player and active shutter glasses
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/08/p...nese-prices-l/

·
Registered
480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/18270644

Panasonic's VT25 3DTVs will be nearly 50% off Japanese prices, launch this week at Best Buy

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/08/p...nese-prices-l/

Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that the 50" 3D Panny panel would retail for $2500 at Best Buy which was almost a 50% reduction from what they are selling for in Japan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts