AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, couldn't resist.. have always called them para digems... I like em, but to tell the truth, in that range of speaker there's not much difference that one can tell (with comparable polks, infinitys, etc..)

Anyhow, the local dealer gave me a quote. I'm interested in hearing thoughts on price, if the speakers will work ok, etc..

Monitor3s (main)

CC270 (center)

ADP70s (surround)

PDR-10 (sub)

All for the low low price of 1289.95. It's close to what I've found on the net. Maybe 50 bucks more. But, I hate paying retail. :)

Thanks for any input..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own question... it's about $60 off retail. I've got a friend in the biz who helped me out there.

Still would be interested in alternatives, though. Those Ht "systems" at best buy for $400 just don't cut it. I don't see how the little drivers can make decent sound with a sub unless you're running the sub at full range...

I was heavy into car audio (installer/cabinet builder) a few years back. It just seems the speakers haven't really improved, but the prices have shot WAY up. That blows. I thought abouy DIY because I know I could do that, but I'd probably spend as much on drivers, x-overs, wood, etc than on a decent set of speakers. Althought it would be fun.

I haven't built a sub box for about 4 years, and I loved doing that. :) I remember this kick butt kicker solobaric 8" that we built a bandpass box for that rocked the house better than a 15" pro. It didn't drop as low, but down to about 40hz it was excellent.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you like the Paradigms and are not that far from Canada - good deals can be had there thanks to the exchange rate. It can be well worth the trip, since you can usually get around the same price in CAD as you'd see in USD here, before the currency conversion.

Someone on another forum was talking about getting a pair of the Rosenut Veneer Studio 100s for $2,100 CAD, which is about $1350 USD after the exchange rate. The best price my local dealer would do on those is $2,250 USD.

-Mike

·
Registered
859 Posts
I would exchange the surrounds with another pair of Monitor 3s. or Mini Monitors... I just like direct radiating speakers for rears better than those dipole ones..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.