AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'll be there soon. I already have the servo 15. I was using a ps-1000. There is no contest. I haven't calibrated correctly, because I haven't gotten in the Studio 100's yet. I should have them in a couple weeks. Even not calibrating the sub and before it has had time to break in, I can tell a world of difference. Much lower bass. I am feeling frequencies that I didn't even know were there with the ps-1000. The bass is more accurate and MUCH deeper. With the ps-1000, bass was a good bit loose. It wasn't sloppy, but I didn't get the feeling the bass ended at the right moment. I didn't realize this until I heard some of the scenes in LOTR (bridge scene mainly). I so noticed the timing of the bass, I was disapointed when the camera ****s from the Balrog to the bridge. When camera was on the Balrog you could feel his steps (as I could with the ps-1000). When the camera pans to the bridge they don't continue these same steps. The bass was more "believable" and emmersive, so I immediately noticed the lack of the steps continuing. I'm sure part of this is the fact I have the bass a bit "hot" right now, but I've listened to the same scene before with the PS-1000 several times, heard the steps, and still missed that.

I'm currently using 7seMK3 speakers for my mains and mini-monitors for rears. The servo-15 really feels in the bass nicely. Once I get in the studio 100's and setup my studio 20's and studio cc with them, I know the rest of the soundstage will be lifted up as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi,

I am using these speakers powered by a bryston 9bsst and an anthem avm20. I am pretty much in home theater nirvana. There really is much I dont love about the system. Any specific questions. BTW I also went from the ps100 to servo 15, definite improvement.

Jeff

·
Registered
303 Posts
"There really is much I dont love about the system."

Did you make a gramatical error there? Did you mean to say there isn't much you don't like about the system, and got messed up trying to remove the double negative? Or, are you actually saying there are many things you don't love?

"definite improvement" IMO is putting it mildly. I can't get over what I wasn't hearing, and how much better what I was hearing now is. I haven't even starting moving it around the room for the best placement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.